Valley Wide Beverage has a long and storied history in the Beer Business in California. In 1981, Lou Amendola purchased a small Coors Distributorship in Yuba City, California. He owned and operated that 500,000 case a year business for 3 years. In 1984 an opportunity in Fresno emerged when Cencal Beverage was for sale. Lou went on to purchase Cencal Beverage that year. It was close to 1.3 million cases annually and less than 1000 customers in Fresno and Madera Counties. Fast forward 32 years later to 2016, Valley Wide Beverage sells over 8 million cases annually, services 3500 customers and distributes to 7 counties in California.
A Time Line of Valley Wide Beverage’s History in the Central Valley Beer Industry:
- 1981- Purchased Valley Products Company in Yuba City, Ca
- 1984- Purchased Cencal Beverage in Fresno, Ca (Coors Brewing) (Fresno, Madera Counties)
- 1986 Acquired Valley Distributing in Merced, Ca (Coors Brewing ) (Merced, Mariposa Counties)
- 1990 -Acquired Margosian Beverage in Fresno, Ca (Miller Brewing) (Fresno, Madera Counties)
- 1994- Acquired Distribution Rights to Barton Brands (Corona & Modelo)
- 1995- Acquired Miller Brands in Merced, Ca (Merced and Mariposa Counties)
- 1995- Fresno Beverage Company Changes Name to Valley Wide Beverage
- 1997- Acquired Miller Brands in Visalia, Ca (Kings, Tulare Counties)
- 1999- Acquired Coors Brands in Visalia, Ca (Kings, Tulare Counties)
- 2014- Lou Amendola was presented the MillerCoors Legend Award (<100 MillerCoors Legends in the USA)
- 2015- Acquired Cencal Beverage in Ceres, Ca (Stanislaus County)
Valley Wide Beverage has been family owned and operated for over 35 years with several employees still on staff since the company’s inception. We pride ourselves on being an integral part of the community of the over 100 different cities that we service. From the largest breweries in the world to the smallest craft beers, our goal is fulfill each brands potential and deliver the highest quality products to consumers.